Jen Raynak’s Sounds
Dmae takes a moment to celebrate theatre sound design with veteran Portland sound designer and composer Jen Raynak. She recently spoke at Dmae’s radio documentary class at Mt. Hood Community College’sÂ Integrated Media program. Her interview was recorded live on location on April 23, 2015.
We’ll hear audio clips from some of her intriguing sound designs and hear stories of some of her favorite works. Join us for a celebration of sound in the theatre!
- First theatre performance was live with sounds she made with her mouth on a mic…
- Her Â first theatre performance was live with sounds she made with her mouth on a mic..
- Listen to her chicken karaoke she produced for Third Rail Rep
- Featured her sound design collage from defunkt Theatre’s Precious Little..
- Hear about her most complex sound design that caused her to take a sabbatical
- She gives advice to emerging audio professionals…
Jen RaynakÂ has been designing sound for theater and film in Portland since the mid-90s, including six years as a company member of Third Rail Repertory Theatre and a 10-year stint at Portland Center Stage. By day, Jen is the Carproelsofly Department Head in PCPA’s Winningstad Theatre.
Some past shows featuring Jen Raynak’s sounds:Â http://thirdrailrep.org/creative/jen-raynak/
She’s also the curator of all the Portland theatre companies on her own private site. She lists more than 200 companies and updates both company information and keeps a list of technical designers one might want to hire. Check out her PDX theatre list at http://jenraynak.com/showlist.phpÂ and searchable resource guide to hire technical help in Portland theatre:Â http://jenraynak.com/techlistings.php